To open a Store, log in to your bidStart account, and go to the My bidStart area and click on the "Store Subscription" link on the left hand side under the "Selling" heading.
Each store subscriptions incurs a monthly fee, for current costs and fees visit the main fees page.
You can select from No Store Subscription, Standard, Featured, or Featured Plus (see page for fees). Here is a break down of the different store types, and some benefits of each:
No Store Subscription
Select No Store Subscription, if you do not want to have a store, or you want to close your current store (which will end any store items you have open). Without a store subscription you can still list auction, and fixed price items, but you cannot list store items. However, you will not be able to list store items, which remain listed until sold, and are ideal if you have an inventory you want to sell at a fixed price.
Standard Store Subscription
Select Standard Store Subscription to open a standard store. With a standard store you can enjoy all the benefits of a bidStart Store. Having a standard store subscription will allow you to list store items, which remain listed until sold, and are ideal if you have an inventory you want to sell at a fixed price. To create a store item once you have a store subscription, all you need to do is click on Sell, and go through the standard listing process. For listing type (on the listing settings tab), just click "Store Item".
You will also be given the following store url, which you can use to direct buyers to your store: http://www.bidstart.com/stores/yourstorename Your store will display all of your listings (both auction and store), and a brief summary in the header (along with a logo you upload).
You can also feature up to 4 of your listings at the top of your store, as well as add additional pages to your store. These pages will not include item listings, but information, such as store history, shipping and handling details, etc.
You will also be allowed to create Custom Search Categories. Custom Search Categories allow you to define a search, which can be saved along with a title. These Custom Search Categories will appear under the standard categories in your store. Through Custom Search Categories you can create new categories in your store, which can contain your listings, based on the search you define. This allows you to easily include any amount of listings you would like, without the need to modify those listings. It also allows you to include the same listings in more than one, or even two categories. You can define your search using price, keywords (in titles or descriptions), categories and more.
Featured Store Subscription
Featured Store Subscriptions offer the all the benefits of a standard store, with two added benefits.
- On the Store Directory page, stores are sorted based on the number of store items and auctions (which are weighted more heavily). However, all Featured Stores are displayed before all Standard Stores.
- On most pages on bidStart, on the left hand side is the Featured Store area. Here, 3 stores are randomly chosen from all the Featured Stores, and displayed, along with your store logo and title.
Featured Premium Store Subscription
Featured Premium Store Subscriptions offer all the benefits of a Featured store, with the following addition:
- Sellers can create custom coupon codes which customers can use during checkout. These coupon codes can give fixed amounts or percents off of the total, free shipping, and more.
- Sellers can send out newsletters to all of their previous customers (and additional custom email lists).
- Sellers can track and manage consignors and consignment sales.
Featured Premium Plus Store Subscription
Featured Premium Plus Store Subscriptions offer all the benefits of a Featured Premium store, with the following addition:
- On the left of most pages on bidStart, is the On bidStart Advertising area. Here, 4 of your items will be displayed based upon your choosing from Auction Items, Fixed Price Items, Auction & Fixed Price Items or Store Items. Additionally, when a user is browsing a category, your items displayed will be from that category (unless you do not have any items listed in that category). Your items will appear on an equal basis, rotated between other Featured Plus Store Subscribers, and On bidStart advertisers.
Anchor Store Subscription
The Anchor Store subscription is our premium store subscription, offering many benefits and premium branding (with minimal bidStart branding). This store subscription is a great alternative to having your own website. Promote your store and place your store url in your advertising, without worrying about keeping your customers in only your store. Plus, feel free to link any domain name directly to your Anchor Store (contact us if you need help). Anchor Store subscriptions offer all of the benefits of a Featured Plus Store, with the following additions:
- 5 Free Homepage Featured Upgrades & 5 Free Category Featured Upgrades Per Month!
- Anchor Stores appear before all other store types in the Stores Directory.
- Create your own custom store header, complete with HTML, to display at the top of all of your store pages.
- Create your own personal homepage to be displayed when customers enter your store.
- 3rd party advertising will not appear within your store pages.
- Full store search capabilities within ALL of your listings, allowing customers to easily continue to browse and search only your items.