bidStart Bucks! are seller specific reward currency that can be used to pay sellers for future purchases! How does it work? Just purchase items from any participating seller as you normally would. Once you pay for the items you'll earn bidStart Bucks! You can then apply those to your next purchase from that seller!
When a seller offers bidStart Bucks! this will be indicated in the item listing results page by the bidStart Bucks! icon: Next to the bidStart Bucks! icon the percent back the seller is offering will be displayed as well. This information can also be found on the item listing page, as well as within the seller's store header. If a seller offers bidStart Bucks! - it will be offered on all items they have for sale.
When you purchase any item from a seller who offers bidStart Bucks! you'll receive a pending credit in bidStart Bucks! in the amount equal to the bidStart Bucks! percent of the purchase price of the item (excluding shipping & handling, tax and any other costs). Once you pay for the item, and your payment clears, you will be awarded the appropriate amount of bidStart Bucks! for that item. Once awarded, on your next purchase from that seller when you checkout on bidStart you will be shown the amount of bidStart Bucks! you have available and can click to use your bidStart Bucks! as part of your payment (or your complete payment if you have enough bidStart Bucks!). You can also choose to allow your bidStart Bucks! to accumulate to be used at a later date. However, please note that bidStart Bucks! expire after 180 days from when the original item which awarded the bidStart Bucks! was purchased. When you use your bidStart Bucks! the oldest (soonest to expire) bidStart Bucks! will be applied first automatically.
You can review which sellers offer bidStart Bucks! by visiting the Stores Directory and on the left hand side in the "Refine Your Search" box clicking on "With bidStart Bucks!" and then select the "Offering bidStart Bucks!" option. To review the bidStart Bucks! balances you have with various sellers go to the My bidStart area, and on the left hand side under the "Buying" heading click the "My bidStart Bucks!" link.
- bidStart Bucks! are per seller. bidStart Bucks! you accumulate with one seller, can not be used with another seller.
- bidStart Bucks! are rounded to the nearest dollar, with a per item minimum of $0.01.
- bidStart Bucks! expire in 180 days from when the original item which awarded the bidStart Bucks! was purchased.
- If you return an item for a refund to a seller, the awarded bidStart Bucks! for that item will be reversed.
- You can only redeem bidStart Bucks! when using the check out ("Pay Now") page on bidStart - not from custom invoices sent by sellers.
- If your account is suspended, bidStart Bucks! you have acquired may be forfeited.
- If a seller is suspended, bidStart Bucks! you have acquired from that seller may be forfeited.
Offering bidStart Bucks! is a great way to reward your loyal customers and keep them coming back to your store. From the My bidStart - Store Subscription page you can set a percent to give back to your customers in bidStart Bucks! Your customers can then use those bidStart Bucks! as payment toward future purchases from you. bidStart Bucks! a buyer earns are per seller and are not transferable to other sellers.
When a buyer purchases an item from you, they will receive a pending credit in bidStart Bucks! in the amount equal to the bidStart Bucks! percent of the purchase price of the item (excluding shipping & handling, tax and any other costs). Once the buyer pays for the item, and the payment clears, they will be awarded the appropriate amount of bidStart Bucks! for that item. Please note that if a buyer sends in a check or money order (or pays outside of the bidStart Checkout system) you will need to mark the items as paid in the My bidStart - Items I've Sold section for the buyer to receive the appropriate amount of bidStart Bucks! bidStart Bucks! automatically expire after 180 days from when the original item which awarded the bidStart Bucks! was purchased.
When a buyer checks out and use bidStart Bucks! toward their purchase, you will receive a complete copy of the original invoice, as well as what amount was paid in bidStart Bucks!, and the outstanding remaining balance. The rest of the payment (non bidStart Bucks!) should be received shortly (through any of your accepted payment options). Please note that payment gateways such as PayPal, Google Checkout and MoneyBookers do not allow us to add a negative amount to any transaction (to reflect the amount paid in bidStart Bucks!). As a result, we must deduct the amount first from the shipping costs, and then per each item proportionately. However, this should not cause any confusion because you will receive a copy of the original invoice with the bidStart Bucks! payment as a separate line item directly from bidStart.
- bidStart Bucks! are rounded to the nearest dollar, with a per item minimum of $0.01. This means that if you sell an item for $0.05 and offer 5% bidStart Bucks! the buyer will still receive $0.01 in bidStart Bucks! Sellers who sell a significant amount of items under $0.20 should keep this in mind when deciding to use bidStart Bucks!
- bidStart Bucks! are per seller. bidStart Bucks! a buyer accumulates with one seller, can not be used with another seller.
- bidStart Bucks! expire in 180 days from when the original item which awarded the bidStart Bucks! was purchased.
- If a buyer returns an item for a refund, mark the paid status of the returned item as 'Refunded' in the My bidStart - Items I've Sold section to reverse the bidStart Bucks! previously awarded.
- Buyers can only redeem bidStart Bucks! when checking out directly on bidStart, through the "Pay Now" link in the My bidStart - Items I've Won section. Buyers can not use bidStart Bucks! when paying from a custom invoice (even if sent through bidStart).
Terms & Conditions
bidStart may change these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. Your use of bidStart and use of and/or participation in the bidStart Bucks! program constitutes your consent to these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are effective from August 23, 2010.
An "Eligible Participant" means a bidStart member who meets, and continues to meet during participation in thebidStart Bucks! program , the following criteria:
- Is a registered member of bidStart.com whom meets all eligibility requirements of our standard terms and conditions, and whose account is in good standing (not currently suspended).
- Has not been previously suspended from bidStart Bucks! program by bidStart.
Only items purchased from sellers who offer bidStart Bucks! are eligible to earn bidStart Bucks! bidStart Bucks! will be awarded based on the percent indicated by the seller at the time of purchase, rounded to the nearest cent, with a minimum of $0.01 per item. bidStart Bucks! will only be awarded once payment has been made and cleared for the indicated item. If an item is returned, and the seller marks the paid status of the item as returned, the bidStart Bucks! awarded for that item will be reversed.
bidStart Bucks! can only be used to make payment on items (including shipping and other costs) purchased on bidStart.com from the same seller whom the bidStart Bucks! were earned from. bidStart Bucks! can only be redeemed through the online check out process on bidStart.com - generally accessed by the 'Pay Now' button in the My bidStart - Items I've Won section.
bidStart Bucks! can only be applied in increments up to the entire amount of an invoice, or the maximum amount of bidStart Bucks! currently held for a particular seller, whichever comes first. However, bidStart Bucks! can not be applied in an amount which will not cover the entire invoice, but would cover an amount less than 1 cent per item.
- Rewards are not transferable and have no face value.
Balances & Expiration
- bidStart Bucks! automatically expire after 180 days from when the original item which awarded the bidStart Bucks! was purchased.
- Balances will reflect the bidStart Bucks! balances per seller as indicated by the purchase eligibility section, plus an limited-time promotional offer(s) bidStart in conjunction with bidStart, in its sole discretion, may offer to Eligible Participants.
- Balances may also reflect amounts which sellers award by way of bidStart Bucks! only or partial refunds, and/or seller specific gift certificates.
- bidStart reserves the right to hold back or otherwise reverse bidStart Bucks! after purchase in its sole discretion if bidStart believe the bidStart Bucks! were accumulated in any manner which does not comply with bidStart's general policies, terms and conditions and/or bidStart Bucks! terms and conditions.
- bidStart reserves the right to fix any processing or accounting errors it discovers resulting in adjustments to bidStart Bucks! balances before and/or after bidStart Bucks! are awarded.
- If a seller is suspended from bidStart, and/or stops selling on bidStart, and any outstanding bidStart Bucks! remain valid as per these terms and conditions, the seller is required to make a reasonable effort to honor any valid outstanding bidStart Bucks! within the general spirit of these terms and conditions. However, we can not guarantee a seller who has been suspended will continue to honor our terms and conditions, in which case any bidStart Bucks! you have acquired from that seller may be forfeited.
Miscellaneous Terms & Conditions
bidStart reserves the right to modify or terminate the bidStart Bucks! program at any time by posting amended terms or a termination notice on this page or in the My bidStart area or by email notice (to the member's registered email address in their bidStart account). bidStart in it's sole discretion may suspend a seller at any time from the bidStart Bucks! program if it believes such action is warranted. Such suspension may, or may not, at bidStart's sole discretion, cause for the revocation of bidStart Bucks! earned by buyers for that seller.
The bidStart Bucks! program is void where prohibited and subject to U.S. laws.
bidStart Bucks! may be combined with other promotions and coupons.
Limitation of Liability
bidStart shall not be liable for any claims, actions, injury, loss or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting from the bidStart Bucks! program whether directed to individual sellers or bidStart. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income, or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third parties. Recipients of bidStart bucks agree that bidStart has not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose).
bidStart is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any bidStart Bucks! related materials; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected items; or for transactions and/or emails that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access any web site associated with the bidStart Bucks! program, or process any transaction thereon.
bidStart shall not be required to give notice to enforce strict adherence to all terms of the bidStart Bucks! program.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against bidStart must be resolved by a court located in Gloucester County, New Jersey, except as otherwise agreed by the parties. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Gloucester County, New Jersey for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.